Saturday, 19 January 2013

Lava of Chocolate


Another week of baking!

Didn't bake much, though.

No macaron, no mint chocolate chips.

Why no macaron? Well, first, I still don't have the hazelnuts 
(i'm gonna make nutella macarons). And second, It has been raining all week, it even flooded! Yes, there is an epic flood in Jakarta right now. The air is too humid, I don't think it will be good for the macaron. I do not want to waste ingredients (and money), so I postponed it until it is sunny again in Jakarta.

Haven't found any good mint leaves. I've been looking from supermarkets to supermarkets. They are all... ugly. Seriously, the leaves are all black. Nope. I do not use shitty, cheap, funny looking ingredients. I'll make them as soon as i  find some good mint leaves.


I did some mini fruit tarts. Took me half a day to finish them. It was frustrating. Even though it was raining, the temperature here is still hot. It was 25 C and my pastry just wouldn't roll.

I used my school's recipe. I used it because it is PERFECT. I made my very first PERFECT tart at school and the process was fun cuz the pastry rolled out perfectly.
But here it was just too hot. Even though I already put the dough in the fridge, it melted in minutes as soon as I got them out. Frustrating, I tell you. Frustrating!


So, I ended up making this yesterday:



I couldn't go anywhere because of the flood. I have always wanted to make this, but I actually don't like chocolate that much. They are okay, but not okay for me if I eat too much chocolate. 
After I made this, I'm forever in love with chocolate!

This cake was YUM. My mom told me it was a little too sweet. Maybe it was because of the chocolate I used. I don't really know how many % it was. It should be 70% dark chocolate. But, the baking chocolates here don't have any information of how many percent cocoa it contains. It would've been perfect if it was 70% dark chocolate.

But, anyway, it was yum. Thank you for Kak Asya for helping me out. :)

I got the recipe from Nigella Lawson's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment